The 27th World Travel Awards will be held in Moscow, Russia in late-November, and Maldives has been nominated in eight categories.
World Travel Awards is the most prestigious recognition in the field of internatinoal travel and tourism excellence.
For this year's World Travel Awards, Maldives is nominated in the following categories:
- World's Leading Beach Destination (Won by Maldives in 2015, 2016 and 2019)
- World's Leading Cruise Destination
- World's Leading Destination
- World's Leading Dive Destination (Won by Maldives in 2006, 2016, 2017 and 2018)
- World's Leading Honeymoon Destination
- World's Leading Island Destination (Won by Maldives in 2008, 2012 and 2013)
- World's Leading Tourist Board
- World's Most Romantic Destination (Won by Maldives in 2007, 2010 and 2011)
Maldives Marketing and PR Corporation (MMPRC) encourages voting for Maldives in the following categories, as the online voting lines will be open until 25th October 2020. Votes can be cast by both travel professionals and consumers globally via the World Travel Awards website after registration. The nominee gaining the most votes in a category would be named as the winner for the year.
"Voting for these categories is now open and runs until midnight on 25th October 2020, giving the opportunity for fans to give us the reassurance that Maldives is indeed, one of the most loved and preferred destinations in the world," says the MMPRC.